Replace the Cabin Air Filter on a Ford Focus
2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 Ford Focus Models
Annoyed with all the pollen and dust in your interior? Unless you special ordered it, Ford left out the cabin air filter.
Here’s how to install one in your Focus.
Compliments of myFordFocus.com Forum Member: CinnabonBoy
Time to Complete: 10 minutes
- Flat Head screwdriver
- Phillips head screwdriver
- Purolator cabin filter: C25387 -OR- Motorcraft cabin filter: FP38
Instructions: (Click Images to Enlarge)
- Stop the windshield wipers when they are in the up position. Since the filter will be placed on the passenger side, this will make it easier to access the panel.
- In the center of the windshield, there is a small plastic circle piece. Pry it off with the flathead screwdriver, and set it aside in a safe place. Remove the screw you have uncovered. (See picture) This will make it easier to remove the panel you are about to remove.
- There are 3 plastic locking clips holding the cover down. Use your flathead screwdriver to GENTLY pry them up. Once they are up, give the whole piece a little tug up and to the left. You will see the slot where the filter goes.
- BE CAREFUL!!!! Everything is made of plastic, and everything can break. Take your time, and don’t get frustrated.
- In this slot, there is an eggcrate style plastic piece retaining the space where your filter is about to be placed. Pull up and out on it to remove it. You will not need this piece, so you can discard it, or keep it in a safe place.
- Remove your filter from the box.
- Note: which side is to be placed “up”.
- Slide the filter into the casing, ensuring a snug fit.
- Replace everything you removed by reversing the steps above.
- Go in the car, and blast the vent, to remove any dust, etc. that may have been in the vents.
- Enjoy your clean air! You will notice that your interior will stay cleaner for longer periods of time, and you can breathe easier!!